Friday, December 10, 2010

Holiday Party at the Music Library!


And just like that, the semester is almost over. A crazy realization for some of my friends who are only here for a semester and now need to pack up their bags again and leave... it makes me very happy to know I will be staying for another semester but that doesn't mean I am not immensely looking forward to a bit of Hoidays! American finals are stressful, that's for sure, and the library seems to be jam-packed with people racing against the clock to get their work done on time.

In my case - being quite the last minute type o' girl - this meant working through many a night and handing in essays 2 minutes before the deadline. The RA's have been organizing 'study breaks' to anti-stress continuously, which although I haven't been to one of them yet, I think is an excellent idea.

Instead, Herklotz Music Library hosted an event for employees from the Music Library, CDLR, Agora, and Visual Resources Department. The festivity was organized by no other than our supervisors and they did a truly excellent job. Not only were there gingerbread houses to be decorated and cookies and pizza, there was also a photo booth for those who wanted to put this very enjoyable and relaxing day into hard copy memories. The library was beautifully decorated, exhibiting creative work of a variety of people, and it was a great opportunity to get to know other people who work in related departments to us. Oh.. and I got to taste ginger bread for the first time.... I approve!

All in all it was a fantastic day with fantastic people.

No comments:

Post a Comment