Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chi Tea and Piano

Hello All!

The Freshman is back and with some new found knowledge about LA! The weather in September is colder than that of November on certain occasions and other times it is like that of a freezing December day. The moral of the story? Check before you step outside.

But still, the fall months are in full swing now and I find it particularly dreary to go and practice piano on cold days which leads me to discussing my next discovery. That the Green Bean makes a fantastic Chi Tea, and that grabbing a coffee before one goes off to the small and confined spaces of the practice rooms makes a world of difference.

It all started last week, when I was assigned my piece and was instructed to learn a large amount of the work. A completely fair request to make of someone who is considering becoming a music major. That is until I saw the amount he had etched out in my score with pencil. And as I am not the best sight reader, I envisioned that his subsequent use of that pencil would probably be used to impale me for not being able to accomplish his task without a LOT of practice.

Hence it was a Thursday and I was in the middle of a practice session when the notes began making funny movements and faces at me. It didn't take me long to take a well needed break. Stepping outside for some fresh air, I noticed the trees were beginning to lose their leaves and that it was actually kind of chilly outside. Autumn I thought. Autumn meant halloween and halloween meant pumpkins. Pumpkins reminded me to dessert and my favorite dessert during the fall in a pumpkin spice chi tea latte. As you can see, one association led to the next and suddenly I was craving a Chi Tea which is a favorite fall beverage of mine.

Struck with inspiration, I darted over to the green bean to buy some chi tea. May I say, it is as fabulous as I remember and I was refocused for my practice session.

So before you head to the practice rooms consider swinging by the green bean and picking up your favorite frothy beverage to make your practice a little more enjoyable. Or go ahead and try my recommendation: A large chi tea latte with soy milk and a dash of cinnamon!

Have a Fabulous November!

Best,
A Freshman Music Major

No comments:

Post a Comment