Monday, April 18, 2011

David Choi Concert at the Bootleg Theatre


Last Friday, I was lucky to attend a David Choi concert at the Bootleg Theatre. He is an unsigned artist who is famous within the Youtube community.


I expected a huge concert with a bunch of aspiring singer-songwriters singing and jumping along. But it was a little bit different. Going in, I was surpised at how small the venue was, probably big enough to seat 150 people. Instead of a huge back up band, there was only a stand up bassist (which I thought was super cool), and a drummer (who used brushes instead of sticks to play quietly). Moreover, his band was with him for only half of the set.


We sat and watched as he performed his music. Instead of a typical concert atmosphere, I was sitting there being mellow. But it was really cool; he is a very talented artist.


The best part was that the venue was small enough to have a meet and greet afterwards. After waiting in line, we took pictures with him and chatted briefly.


That being said, I would recommend his concerts to everyone! Seeing that he lives in OC, he will probably be back.



Photo credit to Nancy Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment