Monday, September 20, 2010

KOXY!


I just had my show yesterday, so I feel the need to plug KOXY.In case you weren't aware, KOXY is Oxy's much under-appreciated radio station. The term radio may be a bit deceiving; KOXY doesn't actually broadcast on a radio frequency since we have neither a tower nor the technology for such a feat. Shows actually stream live online at www.koxyradio.com. At the moment, you can only listen to the stream if you are on campus (something to do with firewalls, etc. Ironically, last year you could only listen if you were off campus.).

This is an outlet for students to play exactly what they want, and say whatever they want. I personally pride myself on my request policy: if you want to hear a song you have to send it to me and if I decide I like I will play it on the following week's show. I put a great deal of thought into my shows and I refuse to play something that doesn't necessarily fit in with my theme, or if it's just music that I don't like. Shows range from all genres of music, to sports talk, to just pure entertainment. So tune in!

No comments:

Post a Comment