Friday, September 17, 2010

Why LA beats Brighton, UK



As a new blogger as well as a new and foreign student (yes, it all amounts to a very confused image), I have been spending some time trying to figure out why everyone who returns from LA to Europe can never stop raving about how incredibly awesome it is.

Three weeks in, I must admit that I am slowly falling for the different scenarios that this place has to offer, not in the least because of its vibrant music scene. As a music major, this factor alone combined with the glorious weather (which I assure you is not something we are used to in England) and the general kindness of people I have come to know here, kind of makes me never want to leave again.

Alas, as an exchange student one year is all I get, and thus I intend to make the most out of the experiences Los Angeles and Oxy itself has to offer. For one, I see a chance to see some of my favorite bands and artists perform live, and while browsing through this fall's concert calendar I was amazed at the variety of gigs going on around here.

So just for brief overview, here is a small selection of the gigs that caught my attention. Always good to have something to look forward to in between all the studying!

The XX
Hollywood Palladium, Sep 22
Muse
Honda Centre, Sep 23
Modeselektor
El Rey Theatre, Sep 23
The Symphonic Jazz Orchestra
Royce Hall, Sep 25
Jack Johnson
Hollywood Bowl, Oct 8
Jason Mraz
Santa Barbara Bow, Oct 8
LCD Soundsystem
Hollywood Bowl, Oct 15
Mumford & Sons
Hollywood Palladium, Oct 18
Elton John
Hollywood Palladium, Nov 3
Paul Weller
The Wiltern, Nov 3

No comments:

Post a Comment