Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ever Hear of Terry Kitchen? Me niether but he went to Oxy and he makes music!


Folk singer/songwriter Terry Kitchen, in reality is actually Max Pokrivchak and he is not only a regionally renowned artist in the New England coffeehouse circuit with 9 albums recorded and self-released, he is also an Oxy alum. He renamed himself in accordance to a character in a Kurt Vonnegut novel and started pursuing a career in music here at Oxy. I had a couple listens to several of Terry's tracks on last.fm and I was pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't recommend for myself a purchase of Terry's works but I did appreciate his musicianship. For more information on this artist you can go to his website at TerryKitchen.com. As a student at his alma mater I am intrigued by his story naturally; maybe you are as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment