Saturday, March 20, 2010

Why I'm Not Going to Coachella


Each year around this time thousands of west coasters stream to the desert to take part in the 3-day mega festival known as Coachella. The huge current stars, the gigantic reunion concerts from people like Pavement and My Bloody Underground, and of course the dozens of psuedo-famous indie bands that I listen to on a fairly regular basis. This all sounds deliciously awesome on the surface, but I'm here to throw in my two cents of why I personally will be opting out of the experience. First of all, the ticket price for all three days is 270 dollars. That is more than my paycheck from the Music Library! do I really wanna be broke for two weeks for three days of sunburned -gas-powered-traveling-and-I-still-need-to-consume-food-and-waterness. Secondly, they always screw up the scheduling. Bands that should play in the day time on stage x end up playing at night on stage y. The promoters of the show always pick some huge headliner that may or may not even fit the spirit of the event. Did I mention its in the desert in mid April?

No comments:

Post a Comment